Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful In A Perfect Storm??

Sunshine, birds chirping, daughter kisses, son smooches....so many things to be thankful for. In my readings over the past week I have become enlightened in where one of the authors kept a list of a thousand blessings from God. A list you say??? Challenge accepted. She believes the more thankful you are in EVERYTHING you see and experience the closer you will become to God. The hard part is that not all things are good. They are ugly and confusing but we STILL must give thanks.
I started my list last week and I have loved it. Of course at this point I didn't have too much of the ugly. I became more acutely aware of everything I was seeing and hearing.
This week however is a different story. It is trying to wreck me....
Thankful? I have to be thankful for a dear beautiful sweet friend of mine being hit with the word "cancer"?
Thankful? I need to find thanks as I sit in the ER with my mom while she deals with intense pain? Not only that but I have to hear the coughs, the weeping, and the frustrations of the sick around us and see the blessings?
Thankful?  Find thanks when I still can't forgive myself or understand the fact that I was fired from a job that I loved for stealing what was not mine. I need to see thanks in my sin?
I need to be thankful in a storm? The answer.....YES!!!
I am thankful that a friend, mother, wife, and beautiful person who has been diagnosed with the "C" has seen God's hands already working in this storm. Thankful that she is showing faith and trust in the Almighty.
I am thankful that I was able to hold my mom and show her she isn't alone after losing her husband last year. Thankful that among the chaos of that ER visit a voice came over the intercom and prayed for everyone there. Quiet filled ALL of those rooms and chaos was taken over by the Holy Spirit. Thankful that for many that might have been their closest interaction with God.
Thankful that I am FREE! Not free from prosecution here on earth or judgement from so many. But for the first time in years I can breathe and I can be free and I am REDEEMED!
Yes I am beyond thankful. You see this storm is His perfect storm that He designed for me and everyone else to show our faith and love in Him.
My beloved find thanks in all things He has placed upon you at this time. His grace and His sacrifice are the ultimate blessings.
Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great And to give strength to all. “Now therefore, our God, We thank You And praise Your glorious name ..” ... (1 Chron 29:12-13.)
  .. indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the LORD, saying:“For He is good, For His mercy endures forever,” that the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud ... (2 Chron 5:13.)
Daughter's morning tantrums, husband's loud snores, battery dead on a morning when I am already late....etc
"Lord I give thanks!"
In love and faith,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment