Tuesday, March 4, 2014

5 Things That Made Me Smile

Instead of woe is me how about some happy thoughts? Even in our darkest hour God brings us stabs of joy to remind us that every moment is fleeting. Just because I am in a dark moment doesn't mean a bright one isn't to follow.
1. Watching Phillip play basketball with his 8 year old look a like was so humorous. Especially those dozen are so times he dunked on his own child to "teach" him what real skills are. No one dared mention that the goal was lowered.
2. My beautiful and brutally honest daughter creating me two prayer boards. One that focused on me finding a new job with pizza delivery at the top of the list because we all love pizza. The second was ways to stop sinning so God won't be disappointed. Ouch!!!
3. My fluffy old kitty, KiKi, came out of a 4 yr hibernation this week. This cat has literally been hiding in our closet since the passing of one of our other cats. In the middle of a crying fest she came strolling into the living room and let out a series of meows that I had never heard from her. I assume she said one of two things. Either "Ok if I can face this long hallway you can face a few dark days" or "will you please wash some clothes because there is no where for me to walk!"
4. Sweet Jocie Bell had a rough night last night with all the trees and grass coming back to life. Her cough becomes uncontrollable. So somehow in the wee hours of the night she ends up in my arms as I am sitting upright on the couch. As I stroke that golden hair my sweet tinker bell lets out an explosion of a gas pocket (nicest way to describe it). I bust out laughing and shaking like Santa Claus. Her body starts to shake along with mine as a reflex which only makes me laugh more. She then wakes up sleepy eyed and says "that would have made daddy proud."
5. First visit with my therapist today. Yes therapist....He asks me if I have been crying a lot as I am sitting their crying. Very observant man. Then he asks "have you ever thought about exercising?" Oh we have so much to learn from each other.

On a side note I can not express thanks enough to all the amazing people that have sent me sweet words of encouragement. Prayers much needed and appreciated.

In love and faithfulness,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment